MetadataShow full item record
Flag pole with 45 stars surrounded by trees. This is a colorized photo of the CAC flagpole on the lawn east of Spruce Hall. The flagpole was installed in late summer 1901 (dedicated 9-11-01). 45 star flags were used until 1908.Image was likely used in a presentation by a College professor, Christopher Sargent, during the early twentieth century to rally voters behind rural school consolidation.